Nikki Roby brings a unique professional history and viewpoint to personal injury law. As a child, she watched her father care for their neighbors in his small-town doctor’s office in eastern Kentucky. She grew up watching her father and his colleagues help people overcome illness and injury to live healthier lives. Her desire to do the same led her to take positions in the medical field while she was in college and later motivated her to pursue an insurance license. The theme of helping others overcome difficult situations and live better lives runs throughout her life and guides her work today.
The UK graduate (and Phi Beta Kappa honoree) studied law at the prestigious William & Mary Law School, where she served on the Law Review. She returned to Owensboro to start a family and is licensed both in Indiana and Kentucky. When you combine that level of legal expertise with a deep understanding of medicine and medical terminology, as well as knowing the inner workings of the insurance industry -- then add in her profound compassion for people facing tough times -- you create a powerful, highly effective advocate.
Protecting families through personal injury cases is particularly important to Nikki, because when an individual is injured, their family is often deeply affected. An injured person may suffer loss of employment, mounting medical bills, and eventual bankruptcy. As a member of the Gerling Law team, Nikki pursues justice for her clients with passion. The firsthand knowledge she has acquired motivates her to dig thoroughly into the facts of a case, speak authoritatively with insurance adjusters and medical personnel, review medical records and insurance contracts, and support it all with extensive legal research. Because she knows that that the medical profession and insurance industry can intimidate outsiders, she is devoted to educating her clients and keeping them informed at every step of the process of preserving their legal rights.
As your personal injury attorney, Nikki will be thorough and committed to your case all the way to its resolution.
Areas of Practice
- Personal Injury
- Kentucky, 2004
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Kentucky, 2005
- U.S. District Court Western District of Kentucky, 2005
- College of William and Mary School of Law, Williamsburg, Virginia
- J.D. - 2003
- Honors: Dean's List
- Honors: National Association of Women Lawyers Award, College of William and Mary, 2003
- Law Review: College of William and Mary Law Review
- University of Kentucky
- B.A. summa cum laude - 1999
- Delegate, 1999 U.S. Naval Academy Foreign Affairs Conference
Honors and Awards
- Law Review, College of William and Mary
- Dean's List, College of William and Mary
- Phi Beta Kappa, University of Kentucky
- Summa Cum Laude, University of Kentucky
- National Association of Women Lawyers Award, College of William and Mary, 2003 - Present
- Delegate, U.S. Naval Academy Foreign Affairs Conference, 1999 - Present
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Kentucky Bar Association
- Daviess County Bar Association
- Daughters of the American Revolution