- Watch Video Length 1:48
As someone who has been an accident victim and who has worked with insurance companies as a defense attorney in the past, Marti understands how people feel when they’ve suffered losses through no fault of their own, and she’s aware of the tactics insurers use to reduce the compensation those victims receive. The unique perspective created by her experiences drives Marti to ensure every client receives her undivided attention and dedicated pursuit of the full compensation they deserve for their injuries and also gives her the advantage of knowing how to anticipate and prepare for defense trial strategies.
As an accomplished trial attorney with a formidable track record, Marti provides every client with compassionate, committed, and competent representation while working hard to maximize their recovery and restore their lives. Born and raised in the farm country around Bowling Green, Kentucky, Marti developed the self-determination and work ethic you’ll find in America’s rural families. She spent much of her youth in Louisville and chose to attend the University of Louisville for her undergraduate work and her law degree. Marti graduated magna cum laude from the University of Louisville and near the top of her class from the University of Louisville Louis D. Brandeis School of Law where she was a contributing author to the Journal of Family Law.
She began her legal career at a large law firm that defended insurance companies before accepting a partnership at another Evansville firm, where she transitioned to helping seriously injured people fight for the compensation they needed. Marti finds helping individuals extremely rewarding, particularly when she gets to share the news that their case has been successfully resolved and their needs will be taken care of because of her work. She considers it a blessing to be able to serve her clients by helping them recover physically, emotionally, and financially.
As a Certified Clinical Research Professional, Marti has extensive experience working with the development and approval of new drugs and medical devices. That expertise enhances her ability to help people who have suffered because of the unsafety or harmful effects of a particular medication or a piece of medical equipment.
When she’s not helping her clients, Marti enjoys remaining active in the community, particularly in children Emily and Tyler’s extracurricular activities. She’s a longtime member of Louisville’s Southeast Christian Church.
- November 13, 2017, MAGI's Clinical Research Conference - 2017 West, San Diego, CA: "Managing Risk with Contracts: Informed Consent, Subject Injury, Insurance & Indemnification"
- February 11, 2019, ExL's 14th Annual Clinical Trial Billing & Research Compliance Conference, New Orleans, LA: "Brightening the Sunshine Act: Research Physician Payments and Conflicts of Interest and the EU General Data Protection Regulation ("GDPR") - What You Need To Know"
- Author, Marti E. Thurman, Note, Maintenance: A Recognition of the Need for Guidelines, 33 Univ. Louisville J. Fam. L. 971 (1995) *Cited in several articles
- Estate of Pflanz v. Davis, 678 N.E.2d 1148 (Ind. Ct. App. 1997)
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Kentucky Bar Association
- Indiana Trial Lawyers Association
- Louisville Bar Association
- Kentucky Academy of Hospital Attorneys
- American Health Lawyers Association
- Health Care Compliance Association
- The Society Of Clinical Research Associates, Inc.
- Founding Member Of Norton Healthcare Employee Resource Group (Erg) "Vets" (Vets Engaging Through Service)
- Sponsorship Of Federal Veterans Treatment Court
- Npower, Norton Healthcare Women's Leadership Academy
- Npride, Norton Healthcare Diversity And Inclusion Program
- University of Louisville Alumnae Association
- University of Louisville School of Law Alumnae Association
- Junior League of Evansville, Evansville, IN – 1998 – 2014
- Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure Participant/Volunteer, Evansville, IN – 2012
- Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure Corporate Sponsor, Evansville, IN – 2012
- Southeast Christian Church Member, Louisville, KY - 1986 – Present
- Castle Youth Football League Cheerleading Coach, Newburgh, IN - 2011- 2013
- Harmony Elementary Parent Volunteer, Goshen, KY - 2014 – 2015
- North Oldham Middle School Parent Volunteer, Goshen, KY - 2014 – 2018
- North Oldham High School Varsity Cheerleading Chaperone, Goshen, KY - 2015 – 2018
- North Oldham High School Choir Chaperone, Goshen, KY - 2015 – 2016
- North Oldham High School Parent Volunteer and Chaperone, Goshen, KY - 2015 – Present
- Norton Healthcare Teen Board and Teen Ambassador Parent, Louisville, KY - 2018 – Present