Nikki Roby brings a unique professional history and viewpoint to personal injury law. As a child, she watched her father care for their neighbors in his small-town doctor’s office in eastern Kentucky. She grew up watching her father and his colleagues help people overcome illness and injury to live healthier lives. Her desire to do the same led her to take positions in the medical field while she was in college and later motivated her to pursue an insurance license. The theme of helping others overcome difficult situations and live better lives runs throughout her life and guides her work today.
The University of Kentucky graduate (and Phi Beta Kappa honoree) studied law at the prestigious William & Mary Law School, where she served on the Law Review. She practiced law in Louisville before returning to Owensboro to start a family and is licensed both in Indiana and Kentucky. Prior to joining the Gerling Firm, Nikki had tried over 40 bench trials. When you combine that level of legal education and experience with a deep understanding of medicine and medical terminology, as well as knowing the inner workings of the insurance industry — then add in her profound compassion for people facing tough times — you create a powerful, highly effective advocate.
Helping individuals by handling personal injury cases is particularly important to Nikki, because when an individual is injured, their family is often deeply affected. An injured person may suffer loss of employment, mounting medical bills, and eventual bankruptcy. As a member of the Gerling Law team, Nikki pursues justice for her clients with passion. The firsthand knowledge she has acquired motivates her to dig thoroughly into the facts of a case, speak authoritatively with insurance adjusters and medical personnel, review medical records and insurance contracts, and support it all with extensive legal research. Because she knows that the medical profession and insurance industry can intimidate outsiders, she is devoted to educating her clients and keeping them informed at every step of the process of preserving their legal rights.
As your personal injury attorney, Nikki will be thorough and committed to your case all the way to its resolution.
Honors and Awards
- Law Review, College of William and Mary Law School
- Dean’s List, College of William and Mary Law School
- Phi Beta Kappa, University of Kentucky
- Summa Cum Laude, University of Kentucky
- National Association of Women Lawyers Award, College of William and Mary, 2003
- Delegate, U.S. Naval Academy Foreign Affairs Conference, 1999 – Present
- Teaching Assistant: College of William and Mary Law School, Legal Skills Program, 2002-2003
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Kentucky Bar Association
- Kentucky Justice Association
- Indiana Trial Lawyers Association
- Daviess County Bar Association; Past Board Member and Secretary
- Daughters of the American Revolution
- Blessed Mother Catholic Church
- Owensboro Business and Professional Women
- Owensboro Chamber of Commerce
- Evansville Chamber of Commerce
- Alpha Omicron Pi Sorority
- Gerling Law Great Helmet Giveaway
- Impact 100 – Past Member
- Girls, Inc., of Owensboro – Past Board Member
- Kentucky Administrative Office of the Courts Mock Trial Tournaments – Volunteer Judge
- Daviess County District Court (Juvenile and Probate) – Warning Order Attorney; Guardian ad Litem; Court Appointed Attorney
- Owensboro Chamber of Commerce – Member of Young Professionals