Being able to work and provide for your family is an ability that many take for granted. But when that ability is denied because of illness or injury, often the only option is to seek disability through Social Security. Obtaining Social Security Disability Insurance (SSDI) can be a lengthy process, and not everyone is approved for benefits. Those who are denied can turn to an attorney experienced in representing individuals seeking SSDI. One such attorney is Jesse Poag. Jesse understands both the individual and corporate side of legal matters, and uses that understanding to advocate for individuals in Social Security Disability Insurance claims.
Upon his graduation from the University of Southern Indiana, Jesse continued his education at the University of Southern Illinois, where he earned his Doctor of Jurisprudence. Following graduation, he began working in a general practice law firm, where he handled a wide variety of cases. From there he moved to corporate law, gaining relevant experience in the workings of the corporate arena. Jesse has perspective on the other side of the bench, as well, as he regularly served as Judge Pro Tem for Martin County, Indiana. However, his passion is helping to preserve the legal and financial rights of those unable to work due to disability. The largest portion of his career has been in the representation of individuals seeking to obtain SSDI, participating in thousands of hearings before various Administrative Law Judges. Jesse also accompanies clients to the SSA Appeals Council and Federal Court as needed.
As a husband and father, Jesse understands the importance of being able to provide for your family, and is committed to representing his clients in their legal concerns. Because of his unique perspective, you can rely on Jesse to listen carefully to you and then use his experience to develop and present a case on your behalf.
Honors and Awards
- Featured “Up and Comer,” Evansville Business Journal, 2008
- Featured in Indiana Defender for Jury Trial Work, 2005
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Indiana State Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- National Organization of Social Security Claimants’ Representatives
- Dubois County Bar Association – Vice President, 2004 – 2005
- Evansville Chamber of Commerce
- Owensboro Chamber of Commerce
- First Christian Church
Past Employment Positions
- Ripstra Law Office, Attorney, 2002 – 2006
- Energy Systems Group, Attorney, 2006 – 2008
- Yocum Law Office, Attorney, 2008 – 2014
- Indiana Wesleyan University, Affiliate Faculty in Business Law and Ethics, 2004 – 2007
- Gerling Law Great Helmet Giveaway