At the end of a hard winter, it can be helpful to review premises…
Around this time of year, a lot of people start thinking about spring cleaning projects. After all, there are many tasks we might have been avoiding during the winter that suddenly seem very important once the warmer weather rolls around.
With this in mind, it can also be a good time to remind readers about some springtime hazards in or around the home that can lead to serious injury if they are not addressed. Below are just some of the common types of accidents and injuries people suffer during this time of year.
- Slipping in wet entryways after a rainfall
- Tripping on items like boots or shovels that have not been cleared from a stairwell
- Head injuries from falling objects in construction zones that start cropping up after winter
- Drowning accidents in pools or hot tubs that have not been properly maintained or secured yet
- Bites by dogs or other pets that might have been kept inside more during the winter
- Assaults or other incidences that happen in poorly lit or secured areas
These hazards, like the projects in and around our houses, may not have been that concerning during the winter. But now that people are spending much more time outside, walking around the neighborhood and traveling, it is crucial that they are addressed and remedied, if possible.
Unfortunately, this doesn’t always happen if a property owner is negligent. If you or a loved one is injured because of these or other dangerous conditions on another person’s property, you should understand that you might be eligible to receive compensation for damages you have suffered. To learn more about the possibilities of filing a personal injury claim in Indiana, it can be a good idea to consult an attorney.Tag Premises Liability