The aftermath of any accident can be painful and overwhelming. However, truck accidents are often even more severe.
If you or a loved one has suffered injuries in a truck accident in or near Louisville, you may have a legal claim for relief. And while pursuing a truck accident lawsuit can be stressful and complex, you don’t have to navigate this process on your own.
At Gerling Law, we pride ourselves on helping personal injury victims in some of the most trying times of their lives. To learn more about how we can help you, contact our team to speak with an experienced Louisville truck accident attorney today.
What to Look for in a Louisville Truck Accident Law Firm
When it comes to selecting a Louisville truck crash lawyer, it’s important to pick someone who can be a great asset to your case. But if you’ve never had to hire an attorney before, you may not know where to start.
Here are a few qualities and factors to look for in a Louisville truck accident lawyer:
- Extensive experience handling truck accident injury claims, specifically;
- Length of experience in practice, generally;
- Positive reviews from past clients;
- Willingness to take a case all the way to trial when a settlement isn’t feasible;
- Free consultations; and
- Low or contingent fees for representation.
Don’t be afraid to ask any lawyers you are considering about their qualifications and experience before deciding whether you want to move forward.
Why We’re the Best Louisville Truck Accident Lawyers for You
There’s no question that there are many lawyers to choose from in the greater Louisville area. In fact, the number of options can sometimes feel overwhelming.
To make the decision easier, here are a few reasons why we think we have the best Louisville truck accident lawyers for the job:
- Gerling Law has been helping injury victims recover for over 50 years;
- We were founded on “client first” principles and will always provide competent and caring legal representation;
- Over the years, we have helped our clients recover more than $500 million;
- If going to trial is what it takes to get you what you deserve, we will never hesitate to do so; and
- Our firm operates on a No Recovery, No Fee basis, so you will never pay us a fee unless and until we recover compensation for you.
If you’re still not convinced that Gerling Law is the right team for you, that’s okay! Use our guide below in the meantime to learn more about truck accident cases and see how we can help.
Over $500 Million in Recoveries
Jim Stoltz was very professional and caring when he handled my case. I would recommend him to anyone. - Donna K.
What You Need to Know About Truck Accident Cases in Louisville
Truck accidents are notoriously complex, even for the most qualified and experienced attorneys. However, here are a few important things you should know.
What Are Some Common Causes of Truck Accidents?
According to the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA), some of the most common causes of truck accidents in the United States include:
- Brake problems,
- Traffic flow interruption (e.g., congestion, previous crash),
- Driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol,
- Traveling too fast for the conditions,
- Environmental conditions and roadway problems,
- Driver’s lack of familiarity with roadways,
- Failure to follow road signs and traffic signals,
- Inadequate surveillance, and
- Driver fatigue.
Of course, no amount of caution can prevent your involvement in an accident with any certainty. However, understanding some of these most common causes can help you prepare for the road and better anticipate and prevent accidents from occurring.
Common Types of Injuries That Result from Truck Accidents
Due to the size of large commercial trucks and the speeds at which they can travel, collisions with a truck frequently result in devastating injuries.
Injuries that occur in the aftermath of a truck accident frequently include:
- Broken bones;
- Neck, back, and spine injuries;
- Burns and lacerations;
- Traumatic brain injury (TBI);
- Rib and torso injuries;
- Internal bleeding and other internal injuries; and
If you’ve suffered these or other injuries, a Louisville truck accident injuries lawyer can help you identify a path forward to recovery.
In some cases, truck accidents can even result in death. In fact, a staggering 4,119 people were killed in large truck crashes in the United States in 2019 alone. If your loved one died as a result of their injuries caused by a truck accident, speak with a Louisville truck accident wrongful death lawyer as soon as practicable.
How Much Compensation Can I Recover
In short, it depends.
There are many factors that go into the amount of your potential recovery. For example, the amount of compensation you may be entitled to receive will depend on:
- The extent and severity of your injuries;
- How much time you will have to spend away from work recovering from your injuries;
- The total amount of your medical expenses as a result of your accident;
- Whether your own actions contributed at all to causing the collision; and
- The availability of evidence and witnesses to help support your claims.
While there’s no such thing as an "average" compensation amount in a truck accident injury case, there are ways to determine how much you might reasonably be able to recover.
An experienced Louisville truck accident lawyer will know what factors to take into consideration and how to apply them to your specific facts and circumstances.
Gerling Law: Your Louisville Truck Collision Lawyers
Navigating a personal injury lawsuit is never easy. But our team of attorneys can help make it feel more manageable by taking some of the stress off your shoulders.
If the wrongful or negligent actions of another result in harm to you, it can turn your world upside down. And if this happens to you, you deserve to have someone in your corner who will fight zealously for your rights and the compensation you need to recover.
When you hire Gerling Law, you can feel confident knowing that you have a team of attorneys with decades of experience fighting for the rights of injury victims. Contact us today for a free case review and discuss how we can help you start your pathway to recovery. When in doubt, give us a call.
- Watch Video